We're So Glad You’re Here!
We are a spiritual family whose embrace aims to be as broad as the embrace of Jesus Christ. We desire that all who make a “decision” for Christ become true disciples of Christ. We have a diverse church of many ages, many backgrounds, and many vocations. We have lots of younger ones and an army of retirees. We are seeking to reach inward to our congregation and outward to our community. We are committed to connecting with those nearby and to those far away. We welcome those who have been raised in church and those who have never set foot into a church.
WE ARE GOD’S FAMILY. WE ARE TO BE A FAMILY OF FAITH KNOWN BY OUR LOVE FOR ONE ANOTHER. I PRAY THAT YOU WILL DISCOVER AND EXPERIENCE THAT WE ARE ALL ABOUT WHAT YOU READ IN THIS PAMPHLET. It is our privilege as a staff and as Deacons to shepherd you and serve you. A biblical shepherd guides, provides, and protects God’s sheep. God’s shepherds go to where the sheep are. God’s sheep will also come to where the shepherd is. Either way, know that we are committed to caring for your faith and your family.
John Hunn, Senior Pastor FBCLC
corporate gathering • singing • praying • giving
• We are created DIFFERENT than all other creation.
• We are created for RELATIONSHIP with God.
• We are created to WORSHIP!
“Oh come, let us sing to the Lord; let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation! Let us come into his presence with thanksgiving; let us make a joyful noise to Him with songs of praise. – Psalm 95:1-2
teaching • fellowshipping • growing • maturing
• We are CALLED to follow Jesus, becoming more like him.
• We are COMMANDED to grow in our faith.
• We are CONNECTED to other believers through fellowship.
• We are CHANGING the world by serving the community together.
“Therefore, as you received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, rooted and built up in Him and established in the faith, just as you were taught, abounding in thanksgiving. -Colossians 2:6-7”
reaching • sharing • listening • baptizing
• The Gospel is our obligation to share with everyone
• The Gospel is our joy to share with those in our world
• The Gospel is the power for salvation for anyone who believes.
“Jesus said to him, “I am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life.
No one comes to the Father except through Me.” – John 14:6